This fundraiser will take place on Friday, June 10, beginning at 5:00 pm. Happy “Begin the Bidding and Games” hour, with entertainment by Gnarly Fingers and complementary wine is from 5:00 – 6:00 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:00 pm. Bidding will continue throughout the evening until “Final Call.” Family and friends are invited!
Parade of Tables
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: There will be 14 tables of 8. Each table needs a host or co-hosts (who are part of the 8 at a table). We need people to volunteer for this position ASAP!! As a host you:
- Develop a ‘theme’ for your table and decorate it any way you want. Themes have ranged from picnic to beach, from planes to casino. It doesn’t have to be elaborate. The key is to have fun!
- Provide a place setting for each of the seats at the table (i.e. plates, utensils, glasses, napkins, etc.).
- Take home all tableware and decorations at the end of the evening. No dishwashing will be done at the church.
Please strongly consider volunteering to host or cohost a table and sign up on the sheet provided in the hallway. Each host will receive a set of guidelines. Contact Pat Jordan or Betsi Wilson if you need more information concerning hosting a table.
We also need donated items for the Silent Auction. Such things as handmade items (jewelry, fiber, furniture, etc.), certificates for a homecooked meal, services (yardwork, repairs, etc.), vacation home use, boat outings, restaurant certificates, and other ‘fine’ items will be accepted. (No flea market items, please.)
- Auction items will be accepted after worship services or by appointment with Joy Fox between Tuesday, May 24 and Wednesday, June 1.
- Pre-bidding for items begins on Saturday, June 4. Open bidding continues until “Final Call’ on June 10. You do not need to be present to win. Highest bid wins!
Please call Joy Fox to make an appointment for delivery of a donation or with any questions.
Tickets for the event are $20 and may be purchased after weekend worship services beginning May 14. At that time you will select your seat at a table and your dinner entrée (carved beef, pork or veggie). Appetizers, sides, rolls, drinks, and desserts are included. Seating is limited so get your tickets early! Nursery and childcare services will be provided if Pat Jordan is notified by June 3 so that sitters/attendants can be on site.
You won’t want to miss this fun event. It’s a tradition of giving; and of shared camaraderie, entertainment, and friendly, laugh-out-loud competition! More details will follow in your weekly highlights and service bulletins. COME ONE! COME ALL!